Tuesday, August 5, 2008

it's not all what it's cracked up to be..

"when you're a kid, you see the life you want, and it never crosses
your mind that it's not gonna turn out that way."

throughout my whole life i have picture my future in one specific way; lets just say it never even got close. my father has a job that relocates us about every 3 years. sometimes we get lucky and wind up staying for longer. all my family has known is readjusting to new people, schools, jobs, cities, blah blah. it got pretty old after awhile. but now looking back, i am very thankful that i got that chance to know so many different lifestyles. it's made me a very optomistic person in more ways than even i know, and it's made me see things from more than one perspective.


the whole family started off in texas and of course mine was the first to drift away. the first move was olathe, kansas then shortly followed by ankeny, iowa where my younger brother and i experienced the worst of it all. we stayed there for 3 years and my mom and dad decided it was the best for everyone if they split. so they did, and so did my brother and i. i went with my other back to texas, and my brother and father moved to birmingham alabama. as time passed things in texas werent looking promising with the position we were in, so i moved to birmingham to finish out the rest of highschool. thank god for that decision because i met some of the greatest friends to ever graduate with, i found the job i'd been searching for forever, and i met the boy of my dreams.

as of course when i was younger i wanted a lot of those things as i just mentioned and im so thankful now that those things found their way into my life. im one to believe that everything happens for a reason and its shown through my crazy yet beautiful life. so, after graduating high school my plans had always been to get back to texas, "home", and start living my life. so in mid july, i packed up the remains of my life and started 10 hours west. when i got to texas, lets just say my "big plan" completely unfolded, right in front of me.

2 comments:

Kendall Eva said...

LOve your blog background! I think you're right about everyone having this perfect picture of the way they think their life will turn out, but no one ever stops to think that it won't... Keep posting:)
Lots of Love,
Rollingstone007

Carolyn said...

I found your blog! Yea! You are a very good writer!!! Love you and MISS you with ALL my heart!